Source: Share on Social
There are so many fun things going on this Memorial Day Weekend! It’s hard to pick what to do. Check out https://www.sandiego.org/campaigns/spring-break/memorial-day.aspx for a good starting point.
In the meantime, here are a few events that might spark your interest:
- If you are into craft beer consider checking out the Santee Street Fair and Craft Beer Festival. It’s happening Saturday, May 25th from 10am – 6pm, located at Town Center Parkway & Riverview Parkway
Santee, CA, 92071. All ages are welcome. http://santeestreetfair.com/
- Like classic or vintage cars? Then check out the American Heritage Car Show in Escondido. It’s happening Saturday, May 25th from 9am – 3pm, located at Grape Day Park 321 North Broadway Escondido, CA 92025. All ages are welcome. https://www.sandiego.org/members/associations-organizations/visit-escondido/events/american-heritage-car-show.aspx
- Another can’t miss event is the Port of San Diego Festival of the Sea. This is a 3 day event running Saturday – Monday. There will be exhibits, live music, food, drinks, fun for the kids, live performances, and on the water adventure! The Maritime Museum will be open to the public during the holiday weekend, Saturday – Monday, from 10am – 5pm. For ticket information and more details, go to: https://www.sandiego.org/members/museums/maritime-museum-of-san-diego/events/port-of-san-diego-festival-of-the-sea.aspx
- If you are in a seller’s market, price it just below the market value to hopefully generate multiple offers above the list price.
- Make it easy for buyers and their agents to show your home. Buyers are easily frustrated and turned off when they see a home for sale and it takes days for them to get in to see it.
- Declutter and depersonalize. That means remove all the family photos, piled up laundry, dishes, toys, papers, etc.
There are several more important steps to factor in before selling; including curb appeal, paint choices, staging, picking the right agent, etc.
Contact me for a FREE comprehensive seller checklist.
Presenting to you one of Alpine’s finest equestrian estates. This amazing 3920 SF tri-level ranch style sitting on 5.5 acres is a highly upgraded home inside /out Features 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, gourmet kitchen with open floor plan that is an entertainers/chief’s dream the master suite is located on the upper level with private balcony the amazing upgraded Resort style backyard paradise is a dream come true that seems worlds away but freeway close. A truly must see turnkey property that has it ALL. Contact me for a private showing.
Are you looking for some inspiration for Mother’s Day that won’t break the bank? Here are a few of ideas to help jumpstart your planning:
- Plan a picnic at the beach, lake, or a park. Include all of your Mom’s favorites.
- Write her a poem or hand-written card.
- Cook a nice dinner or serve Mom breakfast in bed (don’t forget the coffee).
- Create some homemade coupons to help Mom out. For example; clean the kitchen, do the laundry, do the grocery shopping, pull the weeds, clean up after the pets, or make dinner.
- Pick something that is your Mom’s least favorite thing to do and offer to do it for her.
- Take her out for a movie. Most theaters have $5 ticket days once a week.
- Spend some quality time with her and commit to being screen free and really present.
This morning started out like any other morning. Work, social media, email, phone, work, coffee, breakfast, work, etc. Then around 9:30am I hear a faint voice calling to me from the top of the stairs… “Diana, I need a little help in the bathroom…” I’m just wrapping up a phone call so I yell up (with the phone on mute of course), “Ok sweetie, I will be there in a couple minutes.” As I finish my call and give one quick glance to my email I begin to hear some scuffling upstairs. I get the sinking feeling that I might be walking into more than a little mess upstairs… As I round the corner on the landing I can already see the water seeping towards me. Our 9 year old clogged the toilet and kept flushing while he was trying to plunge it. Kudos to him for trying to fix it! There was at least half a roll of toilet paper in there! The water had flooded the upstairs bathroom, hallway, and laundry area. It was a mess!
Here is the #1 Lesson to Teach Your Child About the Bathroom:
Teach them how to shut off the water at the base of the toilet so you don’t walk into this on a Saturday morning! 🙂